Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Oldtown White Coffee Iced


Alrighty. This is due to my friend's request Mun Wai who wants me to review this coffee from a chain of kopitiams called Old Town.

Remember when my Dad says that he drinks from this kopitiams selling Kopi-Os, well I don't think he's the only one. New chains of souped up Kopitiams (meaning kopitiams with airconds and nice chairs) are rampaging around Kuala Lumpur and even Malaysia, one of the more famous and has the most shops will most probably be Oldtown (Hey if I can find this all the way to Alor Setar it should have alot of shops).

This is the drink that I usually will buy because their airconds are usually not strong and I'm usually a fan of cold drinks until my girlfriends is trying to get me off the ice-chewing addiction. Anyway this drink is a refreshing coffee drink in the middle of the day after a break from work, a good quickie you might say. Lets get on to the review:

Quality: 3/5
Although I initially am not a OldTown coffee fan (because the environment is quite hard to sit in , chairs don't have backrest) I must admit that their coffeee tastes strong and roasted. Add together with the ice and the milk it's almost a good refresher. The only gripe is that if there's more in a cup because a Nescafe Ice in a mamak has more than this and it's cheaper. But other than that it's coffee essence itself is rock solid.

Caffeine: 1/5

This is probably one of the biggest disappointments about this drink. It's probably flavoured coffee because when I drink this I feel awake for about 5 minutes and I'm back to finding another drink. Sorely disappointing.

Availability: 3/5
It's probably all over the place, and also at 7-eleven shelves, but in regards of this drink I can only find in Oldtown shops, so there needs to be more somewhat.

Price: 3/5
I'm quite ok about it's price, because it's RM3.20, however cheaper will be better because it's not alot in a cup.

Overall: 3/5

As I said, this drink is a refreshing drink that you can either drink on the fly or have a sip with your friends (their chairs are still uncomfortable though). It tastes quite well in my opinion. However it's biggest let down on my end it doesn't keep me awake enough, but I still go there because it's a nice pit stop for 5 minutes before I start my adventures for another cup.


---- Ad ----




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Although I love Old Town White Coffee very much, I'm personally very fed up with them and I've decided to boycott them following a recent price increase of the iced coffee to RM 3.20 while SIMULTANEOUSLY decreasing the volume of the coffee by changing the cup.

I can accept the price increase, but for heaven's sake, maintain everything else la... How can they increase the price and reduce the volume at the same time?

WE SHOULD ALL BOYCOTT OLD TOWN WHITE COFFEE

fbdx said...

Like that ah, go starbucks kwa lol!

Aeiween said...

But dear you forgot that Alor Star dont have Starbucks? How? So the only choice is Old Town only... :p