Monday, November 10, 2008

Illy's Coffee Ice Latte @ San Terri's Cafe at Plaza Damas




Ok, this review is abit confusing, because there's a brand I want to review and the store itself. So I'll talk about the latte I had and I probably will talk about the brand similar to the nescafe earlier.

San Terri's Cafe is a quiet side cafe in Plaza Damas, just one floor below the conglomerate giant, Starbucks. Quite easily overlooked as it doesn't have a cafe dining area, but rather the cakes and food shown at the shop, and tables and chairs are placed on the mall's roads. Their foods and cakes are quite a charm, as I'll recommend it to anyone who passes by that place, but this blog is about coffee so the coffee it goes:

The first thing you notice about this latte, is how stylish it's made, the milk's at the bottom, coffee then the froth. It's probably one of the more interesting ones I've seen...ever. The illy brand was actually recommended by my friend Harvey, and from this review, lets see if he's got my taste spot on:

Quality: 5/5
This coffee is without a doubt, strong enough to get that roasty flavour in your whole mouth, but just nice enough that it doesn't overpower milk or sugar. I seriously don't put a 5 on alot of things, but this thing is a must when you try. I'm really not sure if all illys coffee are this same, probably I'll buy one a box at bring it home. But for San Terri's it's fantastic.

Caffeine: 3/5
I have a rough share of this caffeine and it's not too bad, it probably could last me about half a day, maybe more, however would be great if there was a bigger kick to it.

Availability: 1/5
San Terri's cafe is seriously hard to find I think. I've found one in Plaza Damas, anyone else find any other branches?

Price: 2/5
I believe the price is about RM7.50 if I'm not mistaken which is abit steep.

Overall: 4/5
I believe the quality has set the bar up quite high. Go for Illy's coffee if you can find, but if you can't then give San Terri's latte a try. You seriously won't go wrong with it and a high vote at that.
---- Ad ----








5 comments:

TINTIN said...

mmm,..from yr review this coffee is worth a try and RM7.50 price is still a lot cheaper than yr fav. Starbucks wor ~ lol..

fbdx said...

hahah...true also kwa ^_^, maybe it's good to come here more often and make my wallet also not so painful rite? :D

Anonymous said...

hi there!
popped by ur blog fr the facebook san terri gp.
the one in hartamas sc is the main ones but there are branches at gardens mv, pavilion (times bookstore), menara hupseng and one more opening soon at bangsar village2;)
cheers!

Anonymous said...

You are invited to the grand opening of the new outlet of San
Terri @ Bangsar Village II on Dec 20th,2008, 1st Floor. You are
welcome to bring your friends along to the event.

See You There!

Pakistan said...

Great Job..........