Monday, November 3, 2008

Hollys Coffee, Cappuccino at the Cineleisure


Ah, my apologies for the delay. After all the work, travelling and necessary time consuming expenses I now have enough time for the update. Ok here's one that I've been trying not because of their drink (hint there) but because of their fantasic wireless internet connection (which didn't work when I was testing this drink for this review).

Holly's Coffee is a Korean based coffee shop in The Cineleisure. Parked on next to a very small mac shop (Mac City) this upmarket brand is struggling to fight against the coffee giants. Lets see how their coffee tastes like.

Their cappuccino looks like a standard one where you can make it with an upmarket espresso machine, and there's not alot of things to shout about it. The size that you see is the largest, though nothing much to complain about the cup, there's nothing to compliment it either. Lets get on to the ratings.

Quality:2/5
It just tastes too substandard. Like I previously mentioned, it probably came out from a RM3000-RM5000 machine (My friend has one of this and technically it's cheaper I drink at his place than here). It's foam is the standard one which you place the milk and foam it up, and the coffee beans isn't as good either. Though a nice effort from their part, I believe they have to improve the beans better, give it a better taste or a better roast.

Caffeine:1/5
For some unknown reason, I can't hold myself out longer with this drink than my friend's espresso. It just doesn't give the kick that I need at all.

Availability:2/5
It's not really a 1 because it's at a very well known place (next to Curve) but then again it's only one branch and most probably you will miss it unless someone tells you about it or like me, how I found it was that there were no more power plugs in Starbucks and I had to use Internet connection in a hurry.

Price:2/5
The price of the drink is RM9.00( w/ tax is about RM9.45 ). For the taste that I had, it's seriously quite high price than I anticipated.

Overall: 2/5
I think we should give then a good attempt for trying to break the giants, but the key to having a cafe is to give us better drinks than them, which allows us to switch to your place. Good luck and hopefully their coffee improves somewhat so that I don't go there just for their internet connection.

Complaints, Flames and Weapons of Mass Destruction? Comment! :D


---- Ad ----




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha, i've always noticed the shop but the mac shop seems to stand out more than that holly's coffee. I didn't know it's korean, i thought it was from Holland or some auntie named holly.

Yes adrian, stop stealing their bandwith.. :P

fbdx said...

hahah sorry lor....Yeah I didn't knot it was korean, until I when I went in there were LCD projectors of korean concerts and translation to my tissues when I ordered coffee.

Tammy said...

looks like i won't be bringing my friends to Holly's Coffee...

yea i didn't know it was korean coffee.. it just look so.. "States"..

bravo bravo

when u gona do one on "weasle coffee"

fbdx said...

lol, i'll try my best. But what is weasle coffee?