Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Nescafe


Ok to my first review:

In Malaysia, I believe that everyone of us will know this brand Nescafe (if you don't, I'm sorry but I don't think you're a Malaysian). It's the leading instant coffee brands out there that we just go out to the supermarket and buy a pack and leave it in our kitchen. Probably at our earliest mornings, we have seriously no time to buy a cup and go to work, so all we do it just get hot water, get a spoon of this and almost off we go. Well, here's my review on it.

Quality: 1/5
Once you open a jar of this, the smell first intices you to give it a try, that I must admit, however without anything (milk or sugar) the taste is horrid. It's so bitter that every time you drink it some parts of your hair in some parts of your skin stands out (even to this day, I have hairs on my neck standing). You might need milk to either neutralize the bitterness and sugar if the dark thick taste upsets you. It's one of my biggest peeves about this drink.

Caffeine: 3/5
It's caffeine levels are also so-so. Get a cup of this and it'll make you awake for less than half a day, where you struggle to find for another cup. Which is why when I want to drink a nescafe, I'll get a cup on the double size (as per pic), if not it'll not do me anything other then a nice tasting coffee-flavoured water.

Availability: 5/5
You most likely can find it in any supermarket shelves. If you can't, call me and I'll try to find it for you.

Price: 5/5
I think this is why though that it's probably popular. A jar of this costs roughly about RM20 (which is a rough estimate since it goes up and up and up without me knowing about it). However, it can make use to about 100-150 cups, which I think it's money well spent and a good emergency backup situation where your caffeine levels are at dangerous levels and need a power refill.

Overall: 3/5
I have to give this guy at a mediocore level. It's coffee is probably the worst that I've tasted, however because if you're dying because you can't find caffeine, this is probably your only survival tool, and because it's everywhere, easy to find and easy to buy, you probably have no choice and gets stuck with it.



---- Ad ----




7 comments:

Unknown said...

Feel good......

mr jp said...

you know .... Nescafe actually tastes worse here in Australia :(

Jamez said...

I always found nescafe too light for me, and it is too sweet.

Btw, why can't i comment with just my name? :(

fbdx said...

Jason: Oh that sucks! Send me a pack for me to try, hopefully it won't kill me!

Jamez: Ya man quite weird, let me check the control panel

Anonymous said...

1 out of 5 is definitely biased. If I didn't know you any better, I'd accuse you of anti-nescafe propaganda.

fbdx said...

mun wai: thank you for your interesting comment. The 1/5 is for the quality, it's horrendously bad, but at least I have an overall of 3/5. Not bad right still?

Tammy said...

0/5

i dun drink coffee... can review about drinks non-coffee drinker can drink when their coffee addict friends drink coffee at starbucks/CB/Mamak/Etc

lol.. i am so bad